The Repeat Function
Using the repeat function you are able to statistically represent data in excel.
For example if you listed Clients and wanted to indicate how important they were but did not what to include actual figures
- The formula for Repeat is =rept(character, number)
- We will use the dollar sign to represent $1000 in sales
- we will enter a dollar sign on our sheet
- List the company and value of sales
- Begin entering the formula
- Select the dollar sign entered on your sheet
- Ensure that you press F4 to make it an absolute reference
- For the number divide the amount of sales by 1000
- Drag down the formula to calculate the number of dollar signs for each company
Youtube Video Repeat Function
MY videos are all created on Camtasia.
TechSmith Camtasia Click Here