How to Filter by Colour
- Excel allows user to have an effective filtering tool with filtering by colour.
- If you are browsing through your data, and highlight certain dates.
- You are then able to filter these highlighted dates.
- Select the data that you would like to filter
- Select the data tab and click on the filter icon
- Click the drop down arrow and select filter by colour
- When you combine two functions together it is another useful tool
- If you use built in Conditional format option - Highlight Cell Rules - Text that Contains
- Combined with the Sort by Color - Sort by Cell Color
- An example of this would be in a large data file that would have one column that would have were written in text.
- The Comments would have a wide variety of text but the only text you are interest in are recommendations that say cold.
- Select the Comments column
- Select Conditional format option - Highlight Cell Rules - Text that Contains
- Enter Cold in the text box
- Select green fill with Dark Green text
- Select the entire sheet
- Go to the Data tab and select the filter icon
- Click the list arrow on the Recommendations column
- Select Sort by color
- Select Sort by cell Color
- Select the light green
- The data that is cold is now displayed at the top of you file.
View instructions on how to filter by colour
My videos are all created on Camtasia.
TechSmith Camtasia Click Here