How to Filter by Colour
- Excel allows user to have an effective filtering tool with filtering by colour.
- If you are browsing through your data, and highlight certain dates.
- You are then able to filter these highlighted dates.
- Select the data that you would like to filter
- Select the data tab and click on the filter icon
- Click the drop down arrow and select filter by colour
- When you combine two functions together it is another useful tool
- If you use built in Conditional format option - Highlight Cell Rules - Text that Contains
- Combined with the Sort by Color - Sort by Cell Color
- An example of this would be in a large data file that would have one column that would have were written in text.
- The Comments would have a wide variety of text but the only text you are interest in are recommendations that say cold.
- Select the Comments column
- Select Conditional format option - Highlight Cell Rules - Text that Contains
- Enter Cold in the text box
- Select green fill with Dark Green text
- Select the entire sheet
- Go to the Data tab and select the filter icon
- Click the list arrow on the Recommendations column
- Select Sort by color
- Select Sort by cell Color
- Select the light green
- The data that is cold is now displayed at the top of you file.
View instructions on how to filter by colour
Check out my up coming Webinars